The Institute is delighted to announce the addition of six new members to the Executive Advisory Board at its winter meeting today, bringing the total membership to fifteen. The Board convenes twice each year to provide strategic guidance to the Institute and its pioneering Master of Science in Analytics (MSA) degree program. “We are fortunate to have this esteemed group to help guide the Institute,” said its director, Dr. Michael Rappa. “Our students will benefit from the depth of their experience and insight into the real world practice of analytics.” The new members broaden the Board’s geographic representation as well as its industry reach into banking, insurance, hospitality, management consulting, and basic research. The new members are:
- Carol Bartosz, Head of Consumer, Mortgage, and Small Business Credit Risk Management, M&T Bank (Buffalo, New York)
- Stephan Chase, Vice President of Customer Knowledge, Marriott International (Bethesda, Maryland)
- Scott Farris, Manager of Actuarial R&D, State Farm R&D Center (Champaign, Illinois)
- Alan Karr, Ph.D., Director of the National Institute of Statistical Sciences (Research Triangle Park, North Carolina)
- Ghazala Sadiq, Ph.D., Senior Consultant, Deloitte Consulting LLP (Cary, North Carolina) and MSA Class of 2010
- Dayna Vaczi, Director of Consumer Research, Hallmark Cards (Kansas City, Missouri)
The Board was established in 2006 and meets in December and May.