The Institute is delighted to host The 4th Annual Foresight Practitioner Conference: Recoupling Forecasting with Inventory Control and Supply Planning on November 15-16, 2017. Produced in conjunction with Foresight: The International Journal of Applied Forecasting, the conference program features talks by nine forecasting experts, including keynote speaker Aris Syntetos, Professor of Operational Research and Operations Management at Cardiff University, who will share his recommendations for better communication between demand forecasters and inventory controllers.
Also speaking will be:
- Philip Conlon, Senior Director of Demand Planning at Keurig Green Mountain will describe his organization’s experiences in a presentation entitled “Prerequisites to Effective Demand & Inventory Planning.”
- Bill Tonetti, President and Co-Founder of Demand Works, will explain how demand forecasts should serve as inputs to a wide range of operational and planning decisions including inventory, capacity, and financial plans
- Ellen Bonnell, Head of Global Statistical Forecasting at Hilti, will share her organization’s commitment to establishing global forecasting standards for sales-forecast integration, S&OP, and safety-stock management.
- John Boylan, Professor of Business Analytics at Lancaster University will explain how to make use of recent findings in research into forecasting and inventory management for intermittent demands.
- Greg Parlier, retired US Army Colonel, will explain how to apply important lessons learned in the course of the TASC project (Transform Army Supply Chains) to the business world in a presentation entitled “Readiness-Driven Supply Networks.”
- Henry Canitz, Director of Product Marketing & Business Development at Logility and Gian Leocata, Global Inventory Optimization Manager, Sensient Colors, LLC will co-present “Visibility: A Key Ingredient to Inventory Optimization.”
- Shaun Snapp, Managing Editor of Brightwork Research and Analysis, will explain common problems with standard approaches to safety stock and service levels and offer ideas about how to improve determination of these critical levels for inventory management
- Pete Alle, partner at Oliver Wight and former Vice President Supply Chain at Oberweis Dairy will share proven strategies for long-term demand and capacity planning.
Please visit the conference web site to register.
Foresight is published by the nonprofit International Institute of Forecasters (IIF).