Admissions Timeline for International Applicants
- We will invite selected applicants from this round to interview with our admissions committee on an ongoing basis from mid-January through early February.
- We will issue all admission decisions for this round on February 15.
- Deadline to accept/decline an admission offer: March 1
- Should the admissions committee require additional information in order to render a decision, they may defer an applicant to the next deadline for further consideration.
Final Application Deadline: February 15, 2019
- We will invite selected applicants from this round to interview with our admissions committee on an ongoing basis from mid-February through mid-March.
- We will issue all admission decisions for this round on March 30.
- Deadline to accept/decline an admission offer: April 15
A completed application includes the following:
- Completed application form (personal information, academic history, etc.)
- An unofficial transcript for each college/university you have attended, regardless of degree completion (note: we only require official transcripts after an applicant is admitted and enrolls)
- A brief (1-2 pages in length) personal statement addressing how the MSA fits into your near-term and long-term professional career goals
- Your current résumé or curriculum vitae
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score report, sent directly to NC State’s Graduate School (institution code 5496) by the testing agency, unless not required (see English proficiency requirements)
- Three (3) recommendations – The application will ask you to provide contact information for three individuals who have a substantive understanding about your academic and/or professional record of accomplishment. You should not invite classmates or family members to provide a recommendation. Your listed references will receive an automated email with instructions on how to submit their letter of recommendation.
- Nonrefundable application fee of $85 – Credit card payment of the application fee is preferred, as payment by personal check causes significant delays in the application review process.