Now there is. The Master of Science in Analytics (MSA) degree can provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to transform yourself into a highly sought-after analytics professional, one of a new breed of data scientists.
If you have a mind for mathematics and statistical programming, and a passion for working with data to solve real problems, this is your program. The MSA is uniquely designed to equip individuals like yourself for the challenging task of deriving insights from a vast quantity and variety of data—and all in just 10 months.
Individuals with analytics skills are in short supply. Employer demand for analytics talent is projected to intensify in coming years as the amount of data continues to grow. The Institute has a proven 5-year track record for placing its MSA graduates in the analytics profession.
The Harvard Business Review recently identified the Institute as one of only a few sources of talent with proven strengths in data science alongside Stanford, MIT, Berkeley, Harvard, and Carnegie Mellon. In addition to being the nation’s first and preeminent analytics degree, the MSA is an innovative learning experience that differs from conventional programs in several ways. As you weigh the right education to meet your needs, please consider the following:
- The MSA is an integrated curriculum taught exclusively to our students and designed to produce a well-rounded analytics professional ready to succeed.
- The MSA is a cohort-based learning experience structured entirely around teamwork.
- MSA students learn by tackling genuine analytics problems with data provided by industry and government sponsors, and using leading tools such as SAS.
- The MSA has a practical orientation. It does not dwell on theory and is not intended to be a prelude to Ph.D. study.
- The time-to-completion is just 10 months.
- The MSA has achieved over 90-percent job placement by graduation each year since its inception in 2007.
- MSA graduates earn competitive starting salaries.
- Jobs range from analysts, to consultants, to managerial and executive level positions.
- Employers range from new ventures to multinationals, across all sectors of the economy.
- MSA students obtain valuable professional certifications while studying.
- Benchmark comparisons of student outcomes place the MSA on a level with master’s programs at the nation’s top universities.
- The Institute has more graduates annually and a larger alumni pool of analytics-educated professionals than any other university in the country.
- The Institute’s dedicated staff focus entirely on student success.
- MSA students occupy a modern facility used exclusively for the program, located on a beautiful 1200-acre campus.
- The MSA garners consistently high satisfaction ratings among students and alumni.
- Admission is highly selective.
- Students have come from 30 countries of origin; currently 90-percent are U.S. citizens or permanent residents, and 60-percent have significant work experience [Student Infographic].
- MSA tuition is much less than comparable degrees, such as the MBA.
- Raleigh location ranks among the top U.S. cities to live, work and study.
The Institute welcomes applications from highly motivated individuals of exceptional talent who look to succeed as analytics professionals.
The following presentation by the Institute’s founding director, Dr. Michael Rappa, offers an in-depth look at the MSA degree.